Thursday, December 13, 2007

Winter Storms Can Cause Flooded Basements

Many people will say to me " Steve, I don't even get water in my basement". Winter storms will sometimes cause a basement to leak when it has never leaked before and this is why - Snow will come down on frozen ground, then rain and sleet comes when a warm front comes right behind. This scenario can cause a basement to flood very badly. It is IMPORTANT for every below ground space to have a basement sump pump along with a second pump which can operate when the power goes out. Power outages are very common when this "perfect storm" occurs - Snow/sleet/rain and ice on tree branches cause a lot of power outages in the winter months.
Don't ignore that your basement space is below ground, remember it isn't "if your basement leaks but rather when it will leak."

The best dual sump pump system I know of is the Deluxe Grate Sump Package. See it on www.grateproducts.com Homeowners can have a local Grate Products Authorized Contractor install this system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You definitely know
how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos,
I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to
say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!
My webpage :: need a renovator in winter garden florida